|Download Paradigm Registration Guide|
- When and how can I apply for regular IELTS?
A) Easy navigate Online Registration at IELTS Registration.
B) Scan or Capture a clear* image of one of the following proofs of identity ready to be uploaded when registering:
- Passport (Candidates taking the test outside their home countries, must use Passport ONLY)
- Nationality Identification Card (An option for Thai candidates ONLY)
* The photo within the ID document must be clear and meet the format guidelines:
- Dimensions: at least 800 x 700 pixels
- Size: less than 1.5 Mb
- File format: tiff, jpg, doc, docx, pdf, png, gif, jpeg
Please ensure that the digital copy you import is clear and legible.
You need to present the above original proof of identity on your scheduled test date. Please note that student cards and other proofs of identity are not acceptable. The original proof of identity must be valid (not expired) on the test day and on the day that you register for the test.
C) Pay the registration fee when you register. To secure a seat, registration should be completed as far in advance as possible. The payment must be made at least 10 days prior to the test.
- Test fee:
- Registration IELTS UKVI (Paper Based) fee: THB 7,710
- Registration IELTS UKVI (on Computer) fee: THB 7,710
- Can I postpone or cancel my IELTS after I have registered for the test?
Postponement/cancellation must be made at least 10 working days before the test date (not including public holiday). In addition, postponement can only be made ONCE to next available session and cancellation will not be allowed afterwards. Please complete the form at IDP Bangkok (CP tower, 4th Fl. Silom Rd.), Tel: 66 2 638 3111 ext. 111 or 112.
A postponement fee of 800 Baht or a cancellation fee of 1,500 Baht will be charged. Candidates who do not apply to the above procedure will not get any fee refund.
Document for cancellation:
3.1) A copy the candidate’s bank detail (saving account only)
3.2) Original receipt
3.3) A signed copy of the candidate’s ID card/passport
IDP reserves the right not to process any postponement or cancellation, if documents are
- What do I need to bring with me on the test date?
You must bring proof of identity (as cited on your application form ONLY). Copy or other kind of identity is not acceptable. You are NOT ALLOWED to bring any personal belongings including stationary into the test room.
- How long is the test?
You must arrive at the test venue by 08:15 hrs. Ensure that you check your name on the board, so you could be certain that you have come to the right venue. The listening, reading and writing tests are finished around 12:00 hrs. The speaking test will take place at a pre-designated time at 13:00 hrs. onwards or may be taken in the period seven days before or after the test date.
**Reminder emails will be sent direct to all candidate emails 3 days before the test.
- What will happen if I am late or absent?
You will not be permitted to sit the examination if you arrive late and no refund will be made. In case of an absence due to illnesses, candidates must present a valid, genuine medicine certificate from a hospital to the Examination Services Manager within 5 working days. The postponement can only be made ONCE to the next available session. A postponement fee of 800 Baht or a cancellation fee of 1,500 Baht will be charged.
- IELTS test timetable
|08:15 – 09.00 hrs.||Attendance at test venue & Registration Process|
|09:01 – 09:30 hrs.||Listening test|
|09:31 – 09:40 hrs.||Transfer time (transfer answers from a question booklet to an answer sheet)|
|09:51 – 10:50 hrs.||Reading test (No additional transfer time)|
|11:01 – 12:00 hrs.||Writing test|
|13:00 – onwards||Speaking test (11 - 14 minutes per candidate)|
A candidate must reserve the whole day for the examination.
- When will I know the results?
You can collect the original TRF (13 days after the test date for paper based and 5 days after the test date for computer delivered) at Paradigm Language Institute. Alternatively, TRFs may be mailed to those respective candidates who have made a request by Express Mail Service or Registered Mail (if outside Thailand) on the following Monday after the released date (Saturday Tests) and the following Friday after the released date (Thursday Tests).
You must bring proof of identity (original passport or Thai ID Card only) if you choose to collect the TRF in person. If someone else will be collecting your TRF for you, a copy of your proof of identity and a signed letter of authority (in English) must be given.
Online Results: You can check the results online on our website at https://results.ieltsessentials.com at 15:00 hrs. on the 13th day after the test day. The test results will be on the website for only 28 days after they are released.
Under no circumstances will the results be revealed over the telephone/fax/email.
- Will the Test Centre send copies of my TRF to the academic institutions I am applying
Yes, if you have fully completed the details on the application form before the registration is confirmed. Please note that we will send a copy(s) of the TRF at no extra charge for up to 5 institutions if names/addresses are listed accordingly on the application form. Please bear in mind that the test centre reserves all right not to process any copies of TRF if names/addresses are unclear and/or inappropriate. If you want us to send the TRF(s) to more than 5 institutions, you will be required to pay an additional 500 Baht for each institution/copy plus postage or courier fee.
- When can I take the test again?
You can take the test as often as you wish. Please check the availability at www.paradigm-edu.com/official-idp-ielts-test-centre.
- Can I get a copy of the TRF?
You will receive ONLY ONE original TRF, so please ensure that it is kept in a secure place. Please note that the replacements of Test Report Forms will not be provided in any circumstances. Nevertheless, apart from the 5 copies for the academic institutions, if you want us to produce and send another institutional copy of your TRF, you will be asked to pay an administration fee of 500 Baht per copy plus postage or courier fee. We will mail your copy to the recipient directly, therefore, you need to provide the institutions’ address and fill in the extra TRF request form at the IELTS Desk, IDP Bangkok (CP Tower, 4th Fl. Silom Rd.).
- Can I have the results re-marked if I am not satisfied with them?
Yes, you can. However, this must be done within 6 weeks of the test date, as stated on the TRF. Candidates are entitled to request a full re-mark (i.e. all test papers) or a partial re-mark (i.e. one or more modules). You need to fill out the Enquiry on Results Form (EOR) at the IELTS Desk, IDP Bangkok (CP Tower, 4th Fl. Silom Rd.). The fee for the re-mark is 5,100 Baht per candidate. The enquiry fee will be refunded if the result is changed (increased). It normally takes 6-8 weeks to have the results re-marked.
- What score do I need?
You must check the score requirements with your prospective receiving institutions or sponsors.
------------------------------------TEST DAY BIG PICTURE--------------------------------------
Before you leave home, ensure that you have ORIGINAL proof of identity (Thai National ID card/passport) as cited on the application form
Arrive at test venue by 8:15 hrs.
Check your name on the board. Ensure that you have arrived at the right test venue!
Deposit personal belongings including, but not limited to, wallet + mobile phone with IDP staff
Registration and ID check
Get into the test room
For speaking test, please come 30 minutes before your test time.
IELTS Examination Regulations
- You must arrive on time for all examinations. If you are late, you will not be allowed to take the examinations.
- You must provide proof of your identity bearing a photograph when asked by the Supervisor.
- You must only have on your desk the materials and equipment for the papers you are taking, e.g. 2B pencil and eraser. These items will be provided by the test centre.
- You must not cheat, take part in any unfair practice or break the rules in any way when taking the examination.
- Any candidate using or attempting to use a dictionary, spell-checker, voice recorder or mobile phone will be disqualified.
- Mobile phones and electronic devices must be switched off and placed with personal belongings in the area designated by the Supervisor. Any candidate who does not comply with this rule will be disqualified immediately.
- You must not talk to or disturb other candidates once the examination has started.
- You must stop writing when the time allowed for each test ends.
- Smoking, eating and drinking are not allowed in the examination room.
- Listen to the supervisor and do what you are asked to do.
- Fill in any details required on the front of your question paper and your answer sheet before the start of the examination.
- You must not turn over question papers until instructed to do so.
- Tell the Supervisor or Invigilator at once if:
o You think you have not been given the right question paper;
o The question paper is incomplete or badly printed;
o You cannot hear the listening test clearly.
- Read carefully and follow the instructions printed on the question paper and on the answer sheet. Your answers will not be marked if the instructions have not been followed.
Advice and Assistance
- If during the examination you are in doubt about what you should do, raise your hand to attract attention. The Invigilator will come to your assistance.
- You may not ask for, and will not be given, any explanation of the questions.
- If on the day of the examination, you feel that your work may be affected e.g. ill health or any other reasons, tell the Supervisor or invigilator.
Leaving the Examination Room
- You may not leave the examination room without the permission of the invigilator.
- Do not make any noise near the examination room.
|ANY VIOLATION OF THESE RULES AND REGULATIONS MAY CAUSE DISQUALICATION OF THE CANDIDATE.|